Jan Tříska(4 November 1936 Prague - 25 September 2017 Prague) was a Czech-American actor. His wife was Karla Chadimova.
In the years of 1955-1959, he studied at Prague's DAMU, then became 1959's youngest member of the National Theater in Prague. On the stage of the National Theater, however, he appeared at the time of the 1956-1957 season, when he alternated as First Assistant in ČapekWhite Diseasesdirected by Franz Salzer as well as second recruiter inMaryes(directed by Zdeněk Štěpánek) and as a Pledge inSaint John(directed by Jaromír Pleskot). In 1966 he left for Krejč Theater behind the gate, after his extinction he was hosted in 1973na Kladno and in 1974-1977 he played in Prague's Municipal Theaters.He played in many theater and film roles,Raduz and Mahulena(1970)Thirty cases of Major Zeman. In the StB register, Tris is listed as agent, the name "Toman", the registration number 5 680.He himself stated that he had never acted as an agent.
In 1977, he decided to emigrate to Canada, later to the United States. Applying as an actor did not find it until after a long time. For example, he was a shooter in the moviePeople versus Larry Flynt, he appeared in the movieHighlander, Osterman's Weekend, Ronin, 2010: The Second Space Odysseyand others. After the Velvet Revolution, he returned to Czechoslovakia for a long time to continue his acting career.
His role as teacher Igor Hnízda in Jan Svěrák is well knownGeneral school(1991, Oscar nomination), he also starred in films, for exampleŽelary(2003; again Oscar nomination);It's a downfall(2004). In the gameKing Learat the Summer Shakespeare Festival, 2002 was awarded the Alfred Radok Award in the lead role. One of his other film roles, he was in the film adaptation of Mácha's poemMayfrom 2008 andSuspicionfrom 2009. At 24. of the International Film Festival Prague - Febiofest on 23. March 2017 has received the Kristián award for the benefit of world cinema.
Sometimes during the summer he visited the Czech Republic, but he lived in Los Angeles with his wife, Czech actress Karel Chadim, with whom he had two daughters. He was a vegetarian.23. September 2017 was seriously injured in the fall of Charles Bridge.The consequences of an accident at 25 Hospital. September 2017 died.
Theater roles, selection
- 1956-1957 Karel Čapek:White disease, first assistant, National Theater, directed by Jaromír Pleskot
- 1956-1957Maryša, second man, National Theater, director Zdeněk Štěpánek
- Saint Jane, directed by Jaromír Pleskot
- 1959 František Hrubín:August Sunday, Jirka, Tyl's Theater, directed by Otomar Krejča
- 1959 Moliere:Don Juan, Pořízek, Tyl's Theater, directed by Jaromír Pleskot
- 1961 William Shakespeare:King Lear, Edmund, Smetana Theater, directed by Franz Salzer
- 1963 William Shakespeare:Romeo and Juliet, Romeo, National Theater, directed by Otomar Krejča
- 1964 Josef Topol:The end of the carnival, Rafael, Tyl's Theater, directed by Otomar Krejča
- 1965 IS Turgenev:The moon in the village, Alexej N. Beljajev, Tyl's Theater, directed by Rudolf Hrušínský
- 1965 Josef Topol:Cat on rails, Véna, Theater behind the gate, directed by Otomar Krejča
- 1966 Alfred de Musset - Lorenzaccio (1834) - title. role, Theater behind the gate, directed by Otomar Krejča.
- 1966 AP Čechov:Three sisters, Tuzenbach, Theater behind the gate, directed by Otomar Krejča
- 1971 Sofokles:Oidipus, title. role, Theater behind the gate, directed by Otomar Krejča
- 1973 JW Goethe:Faust, titul.role (jh), Jaroslav Průcha Theater, directed by Václav Špidla
- The Children of Herakles, Iolaus, American National Theater
- The Seagull, American National Theater
- Idiot's Delight, American National Theater
- Master and Margaret, New York's Public Theater
- Zastrozzi, New York's Public Theater
- The Hairy Ape, La Jolla Playhouse
- Arms and the Man, La Jolla Playhouse
- Cosmonaut's Last Message, La Jolla Playhouse
- Cherry: Storm, Gulthrie Theater
- Largo Desolato, Yale Repertory Theater, Critics Circle Award for Outstanding Male Performance in Connecticut, USA
- The Third Army, Long Wharf Theater
- Arsenic and Old Lace, Long Whartf Theater
- 2002, 2003 William Shakespeare:King Lear, title. roles, Summer Shakespeare Celebrations, director Martin Huba and Smetana Theater directed by František Salzer
- 2012 Yasmina Reza:Kumšt, Mark, Jan Hrušínský Theater